ABOUT UPU LIBRARY
A KNOWLEDGE HUB
The UPU Library a is well-equipped modern collection of classic books by ancient philosophers and scholars providing a wide range of high-quality library and information services to UPU students, academics and researchers. The library also acts as a depository of all research conducted at the University including dissertations, research papers and staff publications. It has also began collecting old books written about the peoples of western Uganda,
Eastern Congo, Rwanda and Burundi in order to preserve the cultures of these areas. In accordance with the modern trends of accessing information, the university has in place electronic resources which students can use from world wide resources for their research. This has been made possible by installing an internet based system with hotspots within the campus. This is in addition to fixed computer resources within the library and several other points.
REQUIREMENTS TO USE THE E-LIBRARY
An electronic device such as a pc, Laptop or Smart phone.
Web browser (CHROME)
PROCEDURES OF USING THE E-LIBRARY
MyLOFT stands for ‘My Library On Fingertips‘. It is an app for accessing, organizing and sharing digital content and e-resources subscribed by the library. The Uganda Pentecostal University subscribed to CUUL( Consortium of Uganda University Libraries). The CUUL provides a platform where someone signs up or logs into the system to access the E-resources.
- Your device such as a laptop, desktop or smart phone has to have internet connection.
- Open Chrome and type upuelibrary.upu.ac.ug
- Click menu on the top right side if you are using a smart phone or tablet, then click myloft.
- Sign in if you already have an account.
- If you dont have an account, scroll down and click signup
- Fill in your details, accept the terms and conditions and submit
- Verify your registration on the email address used and contact the administrator to prove your registration.